Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Walk 48: Butler Creek Greenway Trail, Gresham (3 miles)

Last of the eastside walks from the book, although I plan to do one more "non-book" one at Powell Butte before I finish blogging these.

This one started at a trail off Binford Avenue, and meandered past creeks, over little bridges and led to the reflective and quiet Binford Lake.









Walking past this lake, I then came to the centerpiece of the walk, a large pond (or small lake?) at Butler Creek Park. I could see the willow tree from all sides as I walked around it. Truly scenic and relaxing.



As I left the park, the walk proceeded along local streets, past this English imported traffic device and eventually back to the starting point.



Just past the start/end point, I turned off on another path which crossed over the much grander Johnson Creek, until I met up with the Springwater Corridor Trail, which I'd been on in earlier walks. Here, I turned around and headed back to the car.



Ah, Binford Avenue. Reminded me of my first cat, Binky, who also went by the more formal name of Binford. He lived to the ripe old age of 18. Memories...



No comments:

Post a Comment