Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Walk 36: Alameda Ridge & Stairs (5 miles)

This walk started at Gustav's Pub & Grill, at NE 50th & Sandy, and headed immediately for a dead end. But of course, as always, the dead end wasn't...for walkers. Just had to make sure to stay to the left so as not to walk into somebody's yard...





This walk was all about stairs, up 75, up another 123, down 80, etc. In other words, I loved it. Several times I would be walking along and wouldn't even see it till I almost walked past them, then there they were immediately to my right or left.






This was great fun and a good workout. The last one down gave me an adrenaline rush, because a scary looking dog barked through a wire mesh fence right next to me the whole way down. Wish I'd taken a video! I was tempted to go back and do it again but I honestly didn't want to stress the dog too much.

Other than that, the outstanding feature of this neighborhood-on-a-ridge is the "enchanted forest houses without the forest" feel of the place. I would love to live in one of these! (And almost every house has its own set of stairs as well.)








Great sledding hill here, for those rare snowy days, provided they clear the cars out when that happens:



Here I go...



(Sorry about the little graphic in the middle - the drawbacks of free shareware.)

No comments:

Post a Comment