Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Walk 42: Fanno Creek Greenway Trail, Tigard (5+ miles)

Nice mid-length walk, mostly nature views, but surprise! Another library on the way. More on that later.

This walk started at Englewood Park, just off Scholls Ferry Road near Hwy 217. Lots of views of Fanno Creek, marshes, grassy areas, ducks and of course, the obligatory moss covered building.













I liked this sign. Humor is a good way to get a message across:



After about 2-plus miles, I crossed Hwy 99 and walked down Main Street into Tigard.





The sun was shining and I'm sorry but the iPhone didn't catch the beauty of the sun streaming through a tree very well, but it is what it is...



More creeks followed.





And then, whoops, I found myself at another public library. Time to look for some more CDs! And wouldn't you know, a donut shop is in this one. I was good, though, and only had a banana. A weird surge of self-control. Must've been the exercise thing kicking in.



I then did a 180 and headed back through Tigard, returning up through the long and winding trail...



Ah, the sights of spring!

1 comment:

  1. I've been to that one! That's actually my favorite library! I never get the donuts though...

    ReplyDelete